Happy National Masturbation Month!!!
The verb “masturbate” was originally recorded in 1857. The more I learn about this “taboo” art the more I realize that it has been looked down upon ever since the word was created. If you break the word down, it has such a vile and negative connotation. The word is derived from manus hand + stuprāre to defile, meaning masturbate is to defile oneself with your hand. HOWEVER, why??? I’m convinced this was made up by people who thought the act to be disgusting or men who found that their wives found more pleasure in themselves than in them. It ruined someone’s ego and thus they deemed the act heinous altogether.
After understanding the history of the word, I guess I can KIND OF understand why so many people are disturbed by this. Well why so many women are disturbed by this because men have no problem openly saying they masturbate. It’s actually OKAY and accepted when men masturbate but not women. My friend’s boyfriend asked me one day, why do women always try to hide the fact that they masturbate? My response,” There are so many negative connotations wrapped up in the female sexuality and masturbation is apart of that.”
There are several reasons why women don’t masturbate, it ranges from feeling ashamed to feeling pathetic. Some people feel like masturbating is only for single people or people who can’t find someone to have sex with. My favorite line is, “I don’t have to do that because I have a man.” WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! What people don’t understand is that sex is a BIOLOGICAL NEED, just like food and water. When I’m hungry I can either get food with someone or not, When I’m thirsty I can either get water with someone or not…and when I’m horny….you get the idea!
People don’t masturbate because they can’t find someone to have sex with, let’s be real, anyone can find someone to have sex with. It’s about learning and exploring the capabilities of your own anatomy. In the absence of a partner, will you really deny your body the sexual release it craves? Yes Sex with an actual person is great and SOMETIMES better but masturbating is not about downplaying the role of a partner is about you getting to know your body in an intimate way.
Moral of the story is you won’t always have a partner…and more importantly you won’t have one that is ready and willing to have sex with you, That’s life. If you were hungry would you not eat because you didn’t have someone to eat with or if your partner wasn’t hungry….NO! You would eat regardless…SO when you’re horny why not give yourself an orgasm…REGARDLESS.
If this wasn’t enough to get you thinking check out all the benefits of Masturbation courtesy of FOXSexpert
- Improving his immune system’s functioning.
- Building his resistance to prostate gland infection.
- Making for a healthier prostate.
- Australian researchers have reported that frequent masturbation may lower a man’s risk of developing prostate cancer. A survey of men found the more frequently a man masturbates between the ages of 20 and 50, the less likely they are to get prostate cancer. In fact, those who masturbated more than five times a week were one-third less likely to develop prostate cancer.
Benefits for Women:
- Building her resistance to yeast infections.
- Combating pre-menstrual tension and other physical conditions associated with their menstrual cycles, like cramps.
- Relieving painful menstruation by increasing blood flow to the pelvic region. This will also reduce pelvic cramping and related backaches.
- Relieving chronic back pain and increasing her threshold for pain.
Health Benefits for Both Sexes:
- The safest kind of sex, keeping you free of sexually transmitted infections.
- A great form of stress relief.
- A mood booster in releasing endorphins.
- A natural sleep sedative.
- A mechanism for building stronger pelvic floor muscles, which can lead to better sex.
- A natural energetic pick-me-up.
For couples who masturbate on occasion or regularly, sex with yourself can:
- Be empowering, especially by helping you to feel better about your body, genitals and sexual response.
- Deliver some of your most intense orgasms ever, which you’ll now know how to recreate with that special someone!
- Increase your sexual awareness, giving you the opportunity to discover what turns you on – the sensations and movements that work best to give you the greatest of sexual gratification.
- Have the potential to enhance your sex life in general, boosting your sexual confidence and turning you into a better lover.
- Get you or your partner off the hook if neither is available or not in the mood.